Salon accounting software is a new breed of financial management software created specifically for the needs of hair salons. The software is designed to keep track of many different aspects of the business, such as sales, inventory, purchase orders, customer information, and more for both business management and tax purposes.
Salon accounting packages are also great for managing employee schedules, ordering supplies online, and much more. So I created the list of best salon accounting software on the market today.
Our Top 5 Best Salon Accounting Software
Best Salon Accounting Software Reviews
1. Best Overall: Square Appointments
If you are a salon owner, chances are you’ve tried finding the perfect salon software for your business. Unfortunately, this can be frustrating, time-consuming, and expensive!
Square Appointments is the answer to all of your salon accounting needs. Straightforward, simple, and easy to use – Square Appointments offers everything you need from a reliable software system without breaking the bank. So forget about spending hours every week crunching numbers or paying someone to do it for you. This is salon accounting made simple!
Square Appointments is a salon accounting and scheduling software to help you manage your business. It’s simple and easy to use, with no technical jargon. The app enables you to create, store and monitor your salon’s schedule, track appointments, and more. Learn more about what Square Appointments can offer you.
As one of the salon software solutions integrated with Square, Square Appointments is a flexible and affordable application that lets you get more work done for your business. Learn how it compares to other salon software on the market by checking out this post.
2. Best User-Friendly Customization Options: Freshbooks
When you’re a salon owner, the last thing you want to worry about is whether or not your finances are in order. Unfortunately, there’s a lot of information involved in running a business that needs to be well kept. One service that many salons use is Freshbooks. This website can allow individuals and companies to build, track, and manage their organizations without too much hassle. It’s also great for tracking client expenses and projecting financial trends.
Freshbooks is accounting software that allows users to easily track their income and expenses to create projections on year-end taxes or yearly profit reports tailored specifically for your business needs. What makes this unique from PDF and software programs is that it’s entirely online and free for up to three clients. This is a great way to ensure your business stays on track without going overboard.
3. Best for Financial Planning: NetSuite
NetSuite is a salon accounting software that caters to our needs. The software offers multiple features for salons, including:
- Pre-tax and post-tax cash flow analysis.
- Manage associated costs with the actual use of your salon.
- Grow your business significantly with a huge selection of add-ons and integrations designed to help you manage your finances more efficiently.
- Integrate with over 250 leading accounting, CRM, ERP, and ERM platforms.
NetSuite helps you manage your business effectively and efficiently in the following ways:
- Keep track of your finances through multiple means such as customer invoices, purchase orders, and accounting journals.
- It gives you access to a search engine that helps you search for invoices made.
- Allows you to extend payment terms for customers and provides them with an online payment system.
- Allows you to share data between employees of other offices in real-time. This is done via the cloud technology of NetSuite. Moreover, this makes it easier for all the employees to work from any location and at any time!
4. Best Accounting Reports: Sage Accounting
Sage Accounting is a full-featured salon and spa accounting software. With this, you can manage your finances, calculate your income, and automate your payroll. Sage Accounting also has great reporting features to keep you in the loop.
One of the best features of Sage Accounting is that it has easy-to-use templates that help you work efficiently. It also makes tax time a breeze! All of this comes with an affordable monthly price.
You have all of the tools that you’d expect from a salon and spa management program. Still, Sage Accounting also has convenient features such as time tracking, invoicing, inventory management, and more.
Sage Accounting Features
- Invoice Management – Sage Accounting includes an invoice template library that allows you to track the status of your unpaid invoices. You can also create and send customized invoices, as well as credit memos.
- Inventory Management – With Sage Accounting, you can stock your salon and spa products and have them listed in the system. This way, if a product is sold out or running low, you can easily reorder it from the program.
- Payroll Management – All your employees, can be listed in your payroll database. You can also set up multiple payroll cycles and create pay stubs for all your employees.
- Tax Time – This is a big one! You can create schedules for your products and services, as well as track tips and commission. The program also keeps tax information for both federal and state taxes.
- Reporting – Sage Accounting has an excellent reporting engine that allows you to track everything from income to employee compensation at any time. It also provides excellent visualizations so that you always have the full picture, no matter what you’re looking at.
5. Best Customizable Option: Timely
Salon owners in the modern world face many new challenges. Scheduling, accounting, staff management, and marketing all demand skills from people who typically wear more than one hat. With so many different specialized tasks that need to be done to manage a salon successfully these days, it’s no wonder that there are so many tools available today for those on the ground level of managing a salon business.
One such tool is Timely, an online accounting package that includes features for scheduling and client management and sound financial records and reporting tools.
It’s a simple application to operate and can be configured to suit almost any salon business. The key to its success is the easy-to-understand interface that allows customers with very little accounting knowledge to learn the features and start making records quickly. In its free version, Timely offers users all the features needed for successful accounting.
Timely works by placing real-world time entry into your record book in addition to using preset time blocks which are pre-assigned for particular tasks.
The best salon accounting software is an excellent investment for any hair salon business. The software can allow the owner or manager to keep track of finances, order supplies online, audit client records, and more saving time and money. However, it is important to know some of the basics when looking at your options for salon accounting software.
Common Features Of Salon Accounting Software
The essential features of this type of software typically include emailing invoices, inventory management, and online ordering capabilities. A salon management software may include additional features that can help owners and managers run the business more efficiently in First; however, scheduling and tax preparation.
Be sure to select a program that includes all the features you need in your salon business management software package. Then, to get a better idea of what the most important features are, read on.
Emailing invoices is one of the most common features of salon accounting software. The software can store client and product information, allowing salons to send out customized invoices based on past client orders or purchases.
Online Inventory And Supplies Ordering
Online ordering capabilities allow owners and managers to order supplies from within the salon management software program instead of placing orders manually through the phone or mail-order catalogs. Most programs also allow users to track inventory levels to know when it is time to reorder supplies before running out. This feature is especially important for busy salons that may need to place large orders.
Having a system in place that keeps track of clients and their purchases can be invaluable for any hair salon business. Salon accounting software can keep track of customer information, including address, phone number, contact name, and more.
A salon accounting software may also allow users to track customer history, including past purchases and length of time with the business. This helps owners and managers know who to target to create repeat business.
Scheduling employees is another crucial aspect of running a successful hair salon business if you have the best salon accounting software. With software with employee scheduling features, you can create schedules online and alert employees when it is time to clock in and out. The software will also alert managers if a particular employee is scheduled but not working.
Many salon accounting software packages offer tax preparation capabilities for business owners who would like to manage their finances for tax purposes. Other features of the salon management software that may assist in tax preparation include tracking fuel mileage and other business expenses.
What Is The Best Salon Software?
QuickBooks is the best salon accounting software for business owners and their associates. It has advanced features that provide an effective solution for all your accounting needs, including invoicing, budgeting, payroll, and reporting.
How Much Does Salon Software Cost?
Salon Software costs around $5000 to $2,000 depending on how many users are on your salon’s computer at the same time. There is also an ad-free option which costs more money but has no ads on any of the screens in a salon or mobile apps.
Is Salon Iris Cloud-Based?
Yes, Salon Iris is cloud-based. ManyIn addition, salon of our security and permissions flow out of this layer, so you can have confidence that your data will remain secure.