CRM software is a hot topic in the nonprofit world, with many organizations looking for CRM software to manage their fundraising and donor relations. The options are out there, but most of them will only work for those with a certain level of budget. This article is intended for those who want an inexpensive option to get non-profit CRM software without breaking the bank.
Our Top 5 CRM Software For Nonprofits
CRM Software For Nonprofits Reviews
1. Best Overall: Monday.com
Monday.com offers free online CRM software to small nonprofits to maximize volunteer management capabilities and improve communication between all levels of the nonprofit. It is an easy-to-use, yet powerful web application with potential benefits such as better record-keeping, increased participation, increased reporting, and accounts payable management.
Monday.com is a free online CRM software that is easy to use and has many features. It offers both front and back-end integrations with third-party applications for better usability. In addition, it comes with over 200 contact templates, which means it can be used either for less formal or more formal contacts in the organization.
This online software includes an activity feed, which allows users to see what their coworkers, volunteers, and members are working on at any time, making it easy to stay updated on what’s happening in the organization. It also offers contact sharing capabilities, meaning users can link up their profiles to create a profile directory for their organization and share contacts easily with others in the organization.
- Individual – $0 free forever, up to 2 seats.
- Basic – $8 seat/month, total $24/month, billed annually.
- Standard – $10 seat/month, total $30/month, billed annually.
- Pro – $16 seat/month, total $48/month, billed annually.
2. Best For Growing Businesses: Salsa CRM
If you are involved with a nonprofit organization, then you know all too well how time-consuming and difficult it is to keep track of donors, members, volunteers, and employees. There is no doubt that organizations need a way to collaborate with each other to accomplish their mission.
Salsa CRM is an open-source software created by Salsa Labs for nonprofits. It offers an easy-to-use interface and built-in features that make it simple for your organization to thrive and share information among all of the different groups working towards the same goal.
Nearly 50,000 nonprofits use Salsa CRM every day. The software is considered one of the best in its category, and there is a reason for that. It was created to make it easier for organizations to collaborate.
With Salsa CRM, you will be able to connect to your database from anywhere, even if you do not have an Internet connection. In addition, you will have the ability to track your donors and members all from one central location. The software is also easy to use and manage as your organization grows or changes over time.
The Salsa CRM software solves common problems that nonprofit organizations face by assisting with all aspects of fundraising, member management, volunteer tracking, staff management, and more.
All Plans Include
- Rich donor profiles.
- Unlimited custom fields.
- Performance dashboards and reporting.
- Email & marketing automation.
- Multi-channel online advocacy.
3. Best Customizable Option: Netsuite
Netsuite is a CRM software for large organizations. It is designed to serve small and medium-sized enterprises, as well as larger companies. This CRM software provides tools to manage charity donations on a website or through email, proactively manages customer inquiries with various solutions from customer service management to ticketing, and helps track donor engagement.
It also provides tools to manage donor relationships, including marketing, social networks, and campaign management. The solution offers services to organizations seeking to do more with less.
With features including campaign management, customer service management, and sales lead generation, Netsuite software helps manage donations on a website or through email. In addition, the solution provides tools to manage donor relationships, including marketing, social networks, and campaign management. The solution also helps track donor engagement through unique insights into behaviors and performance.
4. Best Donor Management: Bloomerang
Bloomerang is a web-based CRM software for nonprofits that helps make it easier for organizations to track what they have accomplished and maintain important contact information.
Here are five of the main features this system has to offer, as well as their descriptions:
- Provides a central place for everyone in your organization to log in and share updates.
- Tracks volunteer hours online and charges volunteers accordingly.
- Send reminders to volunteers about upcoming events, deadlines, or other important communication from the organization.
- Build online communities among your constituents by sharing photos or videos of events, connecting with people who might be interested in volunteering your mission, or discussing an issue relevant to you.
- Complete website integration means that organizations have a friendly online community to engage with their customers, increase engagement, and drive more traffic to their website.
- 0-1,000 records – $99 a month.
- 1,000-5,000 records – $199 a month.
- 5,000-15,000 records – $299 a month.
- 15,000-25,000 records – $399 a month.
- 25,000-40,000 records – $499 a month.
5. Best Scalable: Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT
If you’re on the hunt for CRM software for nonprofits, you’ve come to the right place! Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT is a comprehensive system that can help you manage just every aspect of your day-to-day operations.
Here are just some of the features and benefits of this CRM software for nonprofits:
- Easily track donations, contributions, pledges, and investments from one central location.
- Manage complex donor relationships with ease, including tracking multiple pledges offline and recording in-kind gifts.
- Get updates on donor progress at any time with helpful campaign dashboards.
- Receive automated monthly report reminders and easy-to-use data analysis tools.
Research has shown that a majority of donations come from word-of-mouth, so it’s critical to know who and how your organization is doing. That’s why this software has the tools you need to track everything from volunteers to people expressing interest in your cause.
With Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT, you’ve got everything you need to help your nonprofit grow and thrive.
Nonprofit CRM software can be a difficult thing to find. The biggest complaint about most of the options out there is that they are too expensive. Unfortunately, nonprofits don’t always have a lot of extra cash to spend on software, so they need to find something that works well but doesn’t break their budget.
The good news is that some viable options exist for minimal cost, with some even free. Below you may find what these systems do, core CRM software benefits, and main things to consider while choosing the best CRM software for nonprofits.
What Is CRM Software For Nonprofits?
CRM software stands for Customer Relationship Management. It is a type of software that allows the organization to keep track of their contacts and donors and plan their strategies for connecting with those people. In order to use CRM software, you will need to create a database of all the donors and interested contacts you have. After this is done, you can then help your organization develop plans for making contact with them.
CRM Software For Nonprofits Benefits
There are many benefits to using CRM software for nonprofits, but I’ll lay out some of the main ones.
- Having a database of contacts. When it comes to non-profits, you have many contacts to keep track of and a lot of fundraising strategies to come up with. Donor relations is one of the most important aspects of any nonprofit, so having a database that keeps track of all your donors and contacts will make everything much simpler for you in the long run, as well as give you directions towards reaching your goals quicker.
- Creating strategies for planning trips or meeting people who are interested in what your organization does. As nonprofits, you usually have a lot of events that you want to attend. With the right CRM software, you can create different strategies for reaching out to these people, including plans for attending various events or the like.
- Keeping track of what your organization gives and receiving donations from those interested in what you do. The process of keeping track of all donations will become much easier with a CRM program, as well as allowing you and your staff to create reports and analyze exactly how much has been given and is still needed for your organization to reach its goals quicker.
- Being able to track important information, such as your donors’ and contacts’ contact information. This can be incredibly useful for reaching out to those people and making sure they are aware of the various ways you can help them reach their goals faster or helping them determine which other non-profits may be able to help them.
- Being able to find donors and contacts easily through your database. With a CRM program, you will have a database that is constantly updated with all the people that are interested in what your organization does, as well as all the ways you can reach out to them to help their donated money go further or make sure they are aware of upcoming events that will interest them.
How To Choose CRM Software For Nonprofits
When you are looking for a CRM program for your non-profit, there are many things to consider. These include:
Your organization’s specific goals
It is important to make sure that the software you choose can meet your organization’s goals, whether they are general or specific to what you do in particular.
The price tag
Many CRM programs are subscription-based, which means that they will be billed monthly. You can look at other packages that come with a one-time fee. You also need to consider the extra fees for premium features as well as how many users the package allows.
The data storage amount
With some packages, you have a lot of room for data storage, while others are limited and charge you extra if you want to keep more in your database.
In some cases, when you buy the data package, you will be eligible for certain reports, others you won’t.
There are many different types of CRM software out there: older programs built for another purpose and now have been upgraded to meet modern business needs; new programs being released by upstart startups; and classic CRM programs with really dated looks and functionality.
What Is Nonprofit CRM?
CRM stands for customer relationship management. This is something that many companies use to manage the relationships they have with customers, both inside and outside their own company. It can be used to keep track of who your customers are, what they need from you, how you interact with them, and what their reactions are to those interactions.
How Do Nonprofits Use CRM?
A CRM is a central hub for all parts of a company, business, or organization. From product to customer service to community involvement and more, it’s the go-to place for any and every function. In addition, because of its wide range of use across different organizations and industries, a CRM is an excellent tool for nonprofits.
What CRM Software Nonprofits Use?
Non-Profit organizations use a range of software to keep track of donors. Many people use options like SalesForce or ACT, but many others specialize in non-profit work.