You might be thinking that being a travel agent isn’t a very stressful job. Sure, it’s nice to meet new people. But what about keeping track of all the information you need for your business? There are tax codes, employees, airline schedules, and reimbursements, just to name a few duties to take care of. In this case, you’ll need the best accounting software for travel agents.
Let’s explore some of the best tools on the market today and answer some questions about what they are and how they work so that we can determine which one is right for you.
Our Top 5 Accounting Software For Travel Agents
Best Accounting Software For Travel Agents Reviews
1. Best Overall: Rezdy
Rezdy is all-inclusive accounting software for travel agents, hotels, and events. It helps you to manage your listing, create custom itineraries for your clients, and track expenses.
- Manage your expenses with a simple and intuitive expense tracking tool, including expense categories.
- Price your services, products, worldwide, which is or flights at any moment and schedule automatic price updates.
- Create custom itineraries with availability filters that help to find exactly what a client needs and can afford.
- Access the best prices for your clients in real-time with a user-friendly price engine.
- Manage lists of clients and invite them to events and webinars.
- Print invoices with just one click and split invoices automatically among multiple parties, if needed.
Rezdy is available as a web app for regular access or on most major mobile platforms (iOS/Android/Windows), where it’s already used by more than 20,000 travel agents around the world.
2. Best Easy-to-Use Features: Xero
Xero is cloud-based accounting software that is a one-stop-shop for finance and accounting. For example, a travel agent can do everything from tracking receipts to reconciling bank statements in Xero.
- Track data with the ability to log expenses and categorize them.
- Prepare invoices from your phone, tablet, or computer with instant payroll calculations.
- Easily interact with clients by sending them texts or email invite with the message you composed beforehand.
- Evaluate your performance by incorporating Google Analytics and web-based tools for a convenient dashboard to track how your business is doing.
The basic service is free. The premium features would be charged monthly, and it can be done in a variety of ways.
3. Best User-Friendly Customization Options: FreshBooks Cloud Accounting
FreshBooks Cloud Accounting software provides everything a traveling agent may need to manage their finances with ease! It’s a cutting-edge solution that helps manage invoices and expenses easily and accessible from any device on any network.
Main FreshBooks Cloud Accounting Features
- Invoicing tools that ensure you get paid every time.
- The new reporting functionality allows you to keep better tabs on your cash flow for tax reasons, tracking days worked, and seeing if you’re profitable or not. It’ll help you know what needs to be done with your finances at any given moment. Plus, there are ways to adjust how many hours a day or week you’re spending on your business.
4. Best Easy-to-Use: Thomalex
Thomalex is accounting software for travel agents. It is a cloud-based application that helps simplify the accounting and bookkeeping process by automating it. The software was designed to be as intuitive as possible, with a clear workflow that provides all your reports and live analytics in one place so that you can make better decisions for your business.
One of the key features of Thomalex is that it brings all your business finances together and provides you with a clear picture of what’s going on. You can track your assets, bank accounts, invoices, and payments.
This makes it easy to reconcile your books and manage fluctuations in your financial activities. Another key feature is that it provides you with insights to help you make better decisions for your business. You can, for example, look at trends in sales or budgeting and also check if unexpected income is coming in and out of the company.
5. Best for Workflow Automation: PHPTRAVELS
PHPTRAVELS is the leading accounting software for travel agents. It’s affordable, easy-to-use, and helps you grow your business fast. With its brilliant features, flexible Reports lists, and e-books, PHPTRAVELS helps make a trip easier through efficient planning.
With its streamlined design, it helps you save time and money. In addition, it supports multi-currency and allows users to process transactions in the local currency of the country where the transaction originated, removing the need to convert currencies.
With its integrated e-Commerce capabilities, you can control your inventory, maintain a database of your products and sell them online. You can even take payments from your customers via credit card or debit card and manage your customer information in one place.
PHPTRAVELS comes with pre-set report lists for common operations such as invoicing or exporting data to Excel sheets.
You might be thinking that accounting software is just for big business, and there’s no way it could possibly work for your small travel business, but you’d be wrong! Accounting software designed specifically for travel agents can offer all the same tools that big companies track costs and customers.
Many of the pieces of software today are made by the same companies that provide industry-specific packages to larger companies. As a result, there are many choices out there when it comes to accounting software—so how do you choose? Let’s take a look at some of the factors you should consider before making your decision.
How Much Does Accounting Software Cost?
One of the most important things you can do to manage your business is to keep track of all the costs involved. For example, not only do you need to account for your travel expenses with every trip, but you’ll also need to keep track of discounts for airline tickets and hotel rooms. In addition, you might need to make adjustments for mileage or time spent in airports, so it’s also important that you can calculate all the accounting necessary.
Will Accounting Software Help Me Save Money?
Today’s accounting software can give you a break on tax preparation costs by taking care of the paperwork for you! With little or no computer experience, it could be difficult for you to file your taxes manually.
What Accounting Software Do Travel Agents Use?
Hands down, the most widely used accounting software for travel agents is Rezdy. This product integrates with different applications, making it easy for the agent to manage money, book flights, and manage their travel business.
How Do Travel Agents Maintain Accounting?
A travel agent usually maintains accounting with the help of the software. They typically do this after booking the flight and hotel but before sending you a confirmation email. And after that, they have to keep track of anything else that gets charged to them (like parking at the airport). There are even some agents who will update their accounts for you from time to time.
What Is A Travel Accountant?
A travel accountant is a professional who is responsible for translating the plan, finances, and organizational structures of a business into a travel spending account. They may be referred to as an international accountant or an accounting consultant.