If you operate a small business, chances are you’ll need accounting software with government certification. Since there are so many of them, it can be hard to determine which one is the best for your business. We’ve picked out the best accounting software for small companies approved for government contracts.
Our Top 5 Accounting Software For Small Businesses Approved For Government Contracts
Best Accounting Software For Small Businesses Approved For Government Contracts Reviews
1. Best Overall: Salesforce Service Cloud
Salesforce Service Cloud is a business management application that can be used by contractors who are seeking government contracts. The software can simplify many business aspects by delivering real-time information, alerts, and updates.
The product was developed in close collaboration with both large and small businesses, focusing on helping them save time, decrease costs, and streamline operations. It’s an all-in-one solution for everything from managing customer service to managing inventory with built-in analytics.
Salesforce Service Cloud works on all your devices so that you can manage your business from anywhere.
Salesforce Service Cloud Features
- Easy to Use – Salesforce Service Cloud was developed to be easy to use, with a clean and intuitive interface and easy-to-follow menus. You don’t need any training to get started, even if your company hires new employees regularly.
- Customizable – With Salesforce Service Cloud, you can tailor the product’s features to suit the specific needs of your business by creating custom apps that meet its unique requirements. You have complete control over who has access and what they can do while still having access to information at your fingertips when you need it.
- Secure – Your information is safe with Salesforce Service Cloud, and a 24/7 customer care service backs it. You can check your email or call customer service at any time of day or night.
- Scalable – The product is scalable in the number of users, which means that it can grow as your needs change. You can also add new applications and customize them to meet specific needs.
2. Best for Project & Resource Planning: JAMIS Prime ERP
It is always good to seek out the best software available, whether for an individual or a company. Many companies may disagree but having a budget-friendly solution is always the best option.
JAMIS Prime ERP is one such software that you should look into if you are currently searching for a cost-effective solution given its government contract approval status. In addition, the software is designed for businesses that employ less than a $20 million workforce, so it is applicable for many small businesses.
The program itself is a complete solution accounting, inventory management, operations management, and financial reporting solution; hence you have everything you need in just one single software. In addition, it features a user-friendly interface and easy-to-use menu options making the accounting part very easy.
JAMIS Prime ERP also offers a time-saving feature where you can set up recurring tasks such as invoicing and payroll, and this makes the process of record-keeping simple while saving time. In addition, the system can be easily integrated with other existing applications such as QuickBooks or SAP.
3. Best Ease of Use: GovPilot
GovPilot allows you to manage your small business accounting with just a few clicks of the mouse on your smartphone or tablet. The app is designed for government contractors and offers all the tools you need to keep records of your work hours, taxes, expenses, and pay with just a few taps or swipes.
Because it’s so easy to use, procurement officials will find GovPilot gives them better visibility into contractors’ time and resources. This helps ensure contract compliance is maintained to retain a competitive advantage in federal contracting.
- Easily manage work hours, expense reports, and more from your phone or tablet.
- Ensure secure payment of all vendor invoices upon submission through automatic email notifications.
- Track valuable metrics such as pay rate and the number of employees, and enter this data into your income tax forms for streamlined end-of-year reporting.
- Quickly add time entries from the Work section of your account portal so you can accurately bill customers without falling behind in paperwork.
4. Best Modern Interface: WrkPlan
Every business needs to keep a tight grip on its finances, which is just as true for small businesses. However, the work doesn’t stop when the business closes up for the night, so it’s important to have an accounting software system that can adapt and scale with your growing company.
With WrkPlan, you have a solution that offers everything you need to track billing, financials, and purchases. In addition, the system automates bookkeeping tasks so you can save time and focus on other things like growth.
WrkPlan is really easy to use and has all the tools you need to manage your business finances. In addition, it integrates seamlessly with QuickBooks accounting software, which means your data types are always up to date regardless of which program you use to manage your company’s finances.
5. Best Customer Support: PROCAS
PROCAS is an accounting system that helps small businesses stay in compliance with government regulations.
It is approved for government contracts and has features including:
- Provision of automatic reports to relevant agencies keeping the business up to date on changes in tax legislation or other financial obligations.
- Automatically populate financial documents with information from bank transactions, payrolls, receipts, and inventory levels so they can be submitted promptly.
- Provide audit alerts when there are instances of suspicious transactions for fraud prevention. A primary search function will allow you to monitor your employees for any irregular activity on their designated accounts.
Before purchasing the software, you need to know which government regulations it’s acceptable for you to work under. Do some research on the software companies and consider asking for help from an accountant with experience in such matters. With a bit of effort and time, you’ll be able to find out which one is right for your business.
And there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to choosing accounting software. Sometimes, the decision comes down to price. Other times, it’s down to features, some of which might be useful in your business and others that aren’t. But, perhaps most important of all, there is the question of reputation: how long have they been around, how much work have they done for other companies like yours?
Of course, you can find the answer to these questions online – all you need to do is enter the name of a company into your search engine and see what results come up. However, there are two things that you should look out for: reviews from users and how long they’ve been in business.
Is Quickbooks A DCAA Approved Accounting System?
The answer is yes, but it needs to meet specific requirements. For example, one of the requirements that QuickBooks does not meet is having audit members on board.
How Do I Get A DCAA Approved Accounting System?
The first step in getting DCAA approved is to determine which accounting system is best for your business. To do this, you must know what type of financial reporting your company needs and the requirements for a particular accounting system.
Next, identify the size of your business and what kind of monthly budget it has. Then compare that information with something like Dun & Bradstreet’s Business Credit Information Center to find out how much debt to creditors or debt-to-equity ratios are associated with various types of businesses. Once you have all that information, you can start searching for an appropriate accounting system and see whether or not it fits within your budget requirements.
Is Sage DCAA Compliant?
Yes, Sage is fully compliant with the new suite of DCAA standards. In addition, all software products comply.