Accounting software is not just for big business; there are plenty of benefits that even a contractor, or householder, can enjoy. Accounting software, with its many features, simplifies the process of running a business and managing finances.
This article will focus on special accounting programs. Moreover, below you can also find the list of best accounting software for remodeling contractors with their pros and cons.
Our Top 5 Best Accounting Software For Remodeling Contractors
Best Accounting Software For Remodeling Contractors Reviews
1. Best Overall: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise provides accounting software for small businesses. In addition, it is used by consumers, construction contractors, financial institutions, school districts, nonprofit organizations, and government agencies.
Technically it is accounting software that has been designed specifically for small businesses who operate on tight budgets but still need professional accounting services for their business operations that are simple enough to use efficiently by non-accountants or without requiring any complicated set-up procedures or additional costly subscriptions.
Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise is a great accounting software package for remodeling contractors because it is easy to use, affordable, and can be used as a tool for the business owner to maintain and track construction projects. In addition, QuickBooks has many features that can be helpful for contractors and builders who need to keep track of their finances.
Features Offered By Quickbooks
- It tracks expenses both ongoing (monthly) and capital expenditures (new construction). It also allows you to budget what your company will spend throughout the year.
- Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise has integrated accounting abilities that can integrate well with other systems like Excel, Access, and SharePoint.
- Users are free to assign resources to projects and track how much time they spend working on each job.
- A business owner can easily maintain year-end financial reports at the end of the tax year that shows cash flows for the previous 12 months or interim financial reports that allow a business owner to track progress in a project over two years.
- Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise also provides you with an easy method for tracking inventory and keeping track of items both in-house and from suppliers.
2. Best for Small Business: Sage 100 Contractor
This program is designed specifically with remodeling contractors in mind. The following list will explain some of the features that you can find within this program:
- Time tracking for billing and overhead calculations. There are two different types of billing methods included with this program: job-based and hourly billing. You can also track each day’s hours individually or have the program automatically calculate your daily overheads depending on your chosen hourly rate, headcount, labor cost rate, material cost rate, and job dimensions (either square footage or time).
- Basic material costs, labor costs, and overhead rates are based on your chosen wage and hourly rate.
- Accounting reports in a multitude of different formats: Graphs, PDF format, and Excel format. There is also a summary report that tracks all of your money spent on each job which can help to identify possible overages. You can also insert photos inside your reports to track job progress.
3. Best Project Management Software: Jonas Premier
This software is easy to use, simple to operate, and powerful enough for anyone. Try it today to get your business running like clockwork.
Jonas Premier is accounting software for remodeling contractors. This program received the highest rating of four stars from two major magazines in 2017 and a five-star rating on Google Play Store. It’s fast and secure, with a user-friendly interface that provides a comprehensive overview of tasks you want to be completed within 24 hours or less.
Jonas Premier also offers a web-based platform to allow you to access your business data from any location with an internet connection. In addition, its secure cloud service can store gigabytes of information, so you can stop worrying about losing important data.
By subscribing to this software, you’ll receive lifetime free updates and friendly support from the company, ensuring that your work will always be on the cutting edge of technology.
4. Best For Beginners: BuilderTREND
BuilderTREND is accounting software for rebuilding contractors. The software tracks presales, projects, progress reports, expenses, and other data.
Main BuilderTREND Features
- Pre-sales Tracking: Allows you to track customer deposits and payments as they come in. Mark them as sales or deposits to cash, depending on how the funds are being used.
- Project Management: Enter projects, tasks, and progress. Manage task completion dates, progress reports, and expenses.
- Reports: Generate sales reports, project status reports to view cash flow and other vital information at a glance. Export your data into Excel for additional analysis in the spreadsheet application.
- Expense Tracking: Track your expenses on an individual basis or at the job level.
- Invoice Management: Create proforma invoices and customer invoices based on your sales records.
- Customer Relationship Management: At-a-glance customer service with contact information and notes stored for future reference.
5. Best Project Management Software: Procore Software
Procore Software is cloud-based accounting software that simplifies tasks for construction contractors. This system provides numerous features like job costing, job tracking, job scheduling, and invoicing, plus it has an expert knowledge base to assist in day-to-day operations.
Procore Software Features
- Processing Projects: Take advantage of powerful processing functionality to quickly process work orders and automatically create invoices from purchase orders.
- Job Costing: Maintain accurate estimates on labor costs for jobs so you’re always aware of how much you’ll be paying for each task.
- Procore Pricing: The Procore pricing model is simple yet very effective. You’ll be able to see not only the total cost of all jobs but also exactly how much each job is costing you.
- Job Scheduling: The powerful job scheduling feature allows you to efficiently manage your work on a daily basis and monitor project progress for deadlines.
- Project Planning: Use the Procore Project Planning tool to plan your jobs with the ability to link jobs togIn addition, it, ether, create detailed estimates and access advanced scheduling features with built-in maps.
- Integrated Invoicing & Accounting: All of your work orders are automatically translated into invoice forms, while the integrated accounting system helps make sure all jobs are recorded accurately and consistently.
There are many programs and websites available for your use for managing the remodeling business, but you need to choose wisely to be efficient at what you do. Here is a breakdown of how you should go about choosing software that will meet your needs without adding stress or headaches into your life.
The following buyer’s guide will give you the knowledge you need to make an informed decision when purchasing a new accounting software package for business.
What Is Accounting Software For Remodeling Contractors?
Accounting software for contractors, in short, is a computer program meant to assist the company or individual in performing accounting functions and tasks. The programs are made to manage business transactions and financial information with as little human intervention as possible. Accounting software packs out all the hard work related to accounting. Hence, all the hard work and confusing details can be eliminated with the use of accounting software.
Accounting Software For Remodeling Contractors Features
Accounting software for contractors, there are plenty of programs to choose from. These programs will make your bookkeeping and accounting needs easy to accomplish without any added stress or headaches. Such software has been designed for all contractors to ensure you get a detailed overview of your finances at all times. The other features include the following:
- Accounts Receivable Management.
- Project Budgeting.
- Profit & Loss Analysis
- Employee Benefits Tracking.
- Payroll Tracking & Time Keeping.
- Customer & Job Management.
- Pay Stubs & Invoices.
- General Ledger Reports & Financials.
Accounting software for remodeling contractors has made it easy for you to keep track of all the financial information related to your business. The program also comes with simplified reports and a clear overview of all the accounts that need to be paid with the use of invoices and pay stubs.
You can also have all your employees submit their timesheets and keep all the employees up to date with their timesheet reports. It also has an easy-to-use interface, so you don’t have to deal with complicated buttons and menus when you are just managing your daily business transactions.
Is Quickbooks Good For Contractors?
Quickbooks is excellent accounting software for contractors. It helps them keep track of their bookings, expenses, and other associated records. Quickbooks also lets the contractor take invoices from their customers and have those automatically e-mailed to them. A feature that contractors like about Quickbooks is that you can create estimates and work orders and then automatically generate a bill between jobs.
What Is The Best Software For A Small Construction Business?
A lot of small contractors are using QuickBooks, which has been a popular choice for years. However, there are plenty of other options out there, too, such as Freshbooks or Xero. No matter which one you choose, it’s critical to do your research on all the features and benefits before spending any money to keep your costs in check.
What Software Do Builders Use?
Currently, the best and most popular accounting software for builders uses Quickbooks. This is because it is affordable and effortless to learn. However, if you want to know more about what accounting software builders use, I would highly recommend checking it out.