Large companies and small businesses alike use accounting software. These tools are used for many different reasons ranging from invoices, cost tracking, billing to keeping track of sales records, and much more. You might not realize that you can find accounting software that’s best for your company out there. But how do you know which one is the best?
With such a large amount of options available in the market today, it can be hard to choose the right software. In this article, you can find reviews of the best accounting software for electrical contractors with their pros and cons.
Our Top 5 Best Accounting Software For Electrical Contractors
Best Accounting Software For Electrical Contractors Reviews
1. Best Overall: ServiceTitan
ServiceTitan is cloud-based accounting software that includes the many features freelancers need, such as time tracking, invoicing, and payment processing.
ServiceTitan automatically assigns tasks to be tracked and displays them in a timeline on your dashboard. And with their mobile app, you can track hours even when you’re on the go.
Importing customer data is accessible with ServiceTitan’s list of integrations for contact information. And when you create new customers, ServiceTitan automatically links their accounts to your other software services.
2. Runner-up: Quickbooks Pro
Quickbooks is a dominant software in the space of accounting software for electrical contractors. There aren’t that many alternatives to it that could compete on the same level.
It’s so advanced and detailed that many small contractors get confused when they start using it for the first time.
The secret to using Quickbooks efficiently is setting up your item list properly. Too many guys try to put every little part on their list, but that just makes the program harder. Maintain general classifications like non-quoted items, lighting fixtures, switchgear, fire alarm etc., and you’ll find QB much easier to use!
Given enough time watching tutorials Quickbooks is pretty easy to use for basic stuff like invoicing and tracking expenses. And if you use it consistently, the reports will be generated automatically with a click of a button!
3. Best for Small Business: Jobber
Jobber is an accounting software solution that helps electrical contractors with tax accounting and other work-related tasks. It has many valuable features like importing income, tracking expenses, getting an instant estimate of your taxes owed or refunded based on inputted data, etc.
The interface is simple yet beautifully designed, which helps make working through the software as easy as possible. In addition, there are navigation options on the left side of the screen to help you find what you need quickly.
4. Best Beginner-Friendly: STACK
Managing electrical contractor finances and taxes can be a daunting task, especially if you’re new to it. STACK is an all-in-one app that takes care of everything for you. From project management to expense tracking and hours worked, STACK makes it easy for freelancers like yourself to stay on top of expenses and avoid taxes.
STACK connects to your bank and credit cards so that you can upload information automatically. You can input your expenses manually or import data from other apps. You’ll never have to worry about paperwork again: STACK does everything for you.
STACK also keeps track of your time with invoicing. You can send out invoices to clients, and they’ll even have the option of paying you right in the app. So you don’t need to worry about collecting payments or chasing down late payments. STACK knows when an invoice is late and will bother your client until they pay you.
5. Best for Job Costing: Knowify
Knowify is accounting software that will help you keep track of everything your electrical contractor business needs – from invoicing and billing to keeping bookkeeping and analyzing finances. This software is targeted at contractors, small businesses with low budgets, and self-employed entrepreneurs who are just starting or need computerized help due to lack of funds.
Knowify is a cloud-based application with an intuitive, user-friendly interface. It is mainly aimed at helping electrical contractors to run their businesses, but you can use it as a freelancer or small business owner without problems. The software is based on the latest Microsoft technology, and so you can be assured that your data will be secure.
6. Best for Field Service Management: Housecall Pro
Housecall Pro is accounting software for freelancers, small businesses, electrical contractors that does everything you need. If you’re tried a lot of different accounting programs, choosing this one is by far the best.
Here are some reasons why it was so great:
- It has plenty of templates to choose from for your transactions, invoices, payments, expenses, and even your personal finances.
- It’s compatible with both Macs and PCs, making it a perfect choice for most freelancers regardless of what computer system they use at home.
- The program and all of the options are very user-friendly, eliminating any confusion you might have experienced with other accounting programs in the past.
- It can import all of your information from other programs, making transferring from another program an easy task.
- You can use this program for either personal or business accounting, which makes it an excellent choice for freelancers who need to track their expenses and business dealings.
- You can check out your progress through graphs and charts, so you know exactly where you’re at financially.
Accounting software is a software program that allows small and large companies to keep track and manage their finances efficiently. It comes with various features, including bookkeeping, customer management, invoicing, inventory management, and much more.
Accounting software for electrical contractors will help you keep track of your finances in a very organized way. With it, you can avoid any kind of mistake by eliminating manual errors. Below you can learn what things to consider while choosing the best accounting software for electrical contractors for your needs.
How To Choose Accounting Software For Electrical Contractors
The choice of accounting software for electrical contractors greatly depends on the number of transactions your company performs in a month. Therefore, you will have to evaluate the needs of your business and how many users you will need to accommodate. You may also want to consider some features that are included with a specific tool.
Here are some factors you should consider before choosing the best accounting software for electrical contractors:
- Bill management – this tool will allow you to create and track all of your bills and invoices. In addition, it will help you save time referencing previous bills and invoices since it provides you with everything you need in one place.
- If your company does not have a billing system, billing software for electrical contractors can help you out. Most tools can send out invoices on time and offer online payment options, eliminating, making it easier for customers to pay their accounts.
- Inventory management – some accounting software tools can also help you track your inventory. This enables you to reduce any type of loss if your inventory is lost or damaged during any transaction.
- Customer management – having a customer management tool will help you know who your clients are and what they need to buy from you. This will make it easy for you to keep track of invoices, sales records, and much more.
What Is The Best Electrical Estimating Software?
The best electrical estimating software available on the market right now is ServiceTitan. Their goal is to increase accuracy and make the estimation process as easy and accessible as possible. With all of these different factors, they are essentially trying to develop a system that allows you to do more with less, which should be an excellent idea for any contractor looking for an appraisal tool.
How Do I Become An Electrical Estimator?
There are many different ways to become an estimator. Still, typically, you will need to have at least three years of experience in the electrical field and electrical engineering school, followed by working as an estimator for two years before becoming licensed.
What Is Electrical Estimation Engineer?
An electrical estimation engineer is a professional who takes into consideration the size of a building, its wiring needs, and its power requirements to determine a price for new or replacement electrical systems.
Electrical estimating engineers must be experts in drawing up specifications that adhere to industry standards and know-how to estimate materials and labor costs.