Some freelancers may cringe at the thought of bookkeeping and accounting, but it’s an important part of running a business. Accountants help prepare financial statements while bookkeepers record transactions.
There are lots of accounting software options on the market for freelance animators to select from. In this post, we’ll highlight some popular accounting software options, as well as some things freelancers should look for when shopping for one.
5 Best Accounting Software For Freelance Animators
Best Accounting Software For Freelance Animators Reviews
1. Best Overall: QuickBooks Self-Employed
QuickBooks Self-Employed is web-based accounting software for freelance animators. It is meant to serve the needs of freelancers, consultants, and entrepreneurs. Among its benefits are automatic record-keeping, simple time tracking, invoicing with customizable templates, sending reminders and estimates to clients via email or text messages.
With a product as expansive and complex as QuickBooks, every little detail can significantly impact the bottom line. So let’s take a closer look at some of the features in the software that will help an animator start their company.
- Alerts: A company can be financially free-falling before they know it if they don’t set up alerts to inform them when accounts change, or payments are due. Animators need to track both creatively and financially through powerful reports, so signs can help identify wherever there is potential trouble ahead.
- Add-ons: Add-ons allow users to supplement their core functions with tools like invoicing, networking, or backups. Animators need to add more than just the basics to their business.
- Analytics: QuickBooks Self-Employed gives you personalized business analytics that helps you learn how customers interact with your brand and track how much impact your marketing initiatives have.
- Billing: Many freelancers want to bill clients on a timesheet basis, but this can be difficult for companies that do not charge hourly rates. You can set up the billing method in the product so that it’s easier for animators who bill their clients at a flat rate or by the project. This way, they can create consistent and accurate invoices.
2. Best for Professional-Looking Invoices: FreshBooks
FreshBooks is accounting software used for freelance animators. It is an easy-to-use software that all members of these industries should find helpful or necessary to be kept up with their timesheets or business expenses. Features of the product include automatic calculations and export of reports and invoices to other programs like Canva or Adobe Creative Cloud. In addition, it offers cloud storage and unlimited support for its service plans.
Who Is It For?
FreshBooks is made for freelancers who have just started or are well established in their careers. It is a perfect tool for tracking your daily work, expenditures, social media presence, and time spent on projects. This can be very helpful to track your business savings and revenue.
Why Use FreshBooks?
FreshBooks is an excellent way to track your overall income and expenses. In addition, these statistics are a great way to compare and measure the success of different clients or types of projects you are working on.
3. Best Easy-to-Use Software: FreeAgent
Tired of paying pesky taxes? Need to do some accounting? Freelance animators who sign up for FreeAgent will never have to worry about these things again. Plus, this software will make it easy for you to open a proper company account and get all the necessary licenses, permits, and registrations.
With all the features that FreeAgent offers, including payroll management, invoicing automation, and VAT regulations assistance (in case you work in Europe), not having to deal with tedious accounting is just one big cherry on top of an already fantastic product. So what are you waiting for? Sign up today!
- No more working late nights sorting through your paperwork.
- No more late tax payments.
- No more silly errors with invoices and annual tax returns.
- Detailed reports and graphs for any money you end up making (or losing) this month.
- FreeAgent is easier to use than a slot machine.
Once you sign up, FreeAgent will be all you need for future freelancing projects. Even if your business expands, you can still continue using your FreeAgent account to manage it all from one place.
4. Best Complete Accounting Solution: Wave
The Wave is easy-to-use and powerful accounting software that includes invoicing, expense tracking, timesheets, payrolls, and more. It also provides a calendar/schedule to track all your work projects in one place – making it easier than ever to plan ahead with ease.
From the support team to the user interface design, this program is designed specifically for freelancers like you. Finally, something that takes care of everything you need without taking up valuable time.
Wave is the perfect accounting software for freelancers. It’s super easy to use and navigate – you can quickly see how much money you’re bringing in at a glance. This lets you stay on top of your business, grow, and never miss a beat.
5. Best Customer Support: AND CO
AND CO was created by freelance animators who were looking for a better way to manage their business. This is one of the best products in accounting software for freelance animators.
You can handle invoices, track hours, keep track of your assets and expenses, generate reports, and keep all of your financial data in one place.
AND CO Features
- Collect new payments and past due payments.
- Manage your clients, assets, and expenses within the app.
- Send out invoices and track time on client projects.
- Generate reports to see how your business is doing.
- Syncs with AND CO Bookkeeping & Accounting to manage your accounts payable and accounts receivable as well as handle payroll taxes.
- Invoice templates designed specifically for freelance animators
- Your information is secure when you use the app.
Before choosing any accounting software, freelancers should determine what their needs are so that they can find an option that is appropriate and easy to use for them. Depending on how many transactions are expected to be recorded, the freelancer should look for an accounting software solution that can handle these needs.
Freelancers can also look for accounting software that offers features they have heard about from other freelancers or read about in online forums. They can also consider how they prefer to record income and expenses before making a decision.
There are several things freelancers should look for in an accounting software solution, including the ability to record income and expenses in multiple currencies, the ability to add customized reports, and its security features. Some options may also offer a desktop app or web portal for interacting with the software. A solution should be easy to learn, as well as offer a user friendly dashboard for viewing transactions or reports.
How To Choose Accounting Software For Freelance Animators
The main thing that freelancers should consider is legacy accounting software. Freelancers who have been around may be concerned about upgrading their system and losing previous data. However, a cloud-based or desktop app solution can easily store all of their data on an easily accessed platform while still offering expanded functionality. In addition, an explanation should be secure since any accounting software should have the ability to keep all of the freelancer’s financial data safe.
Some popular accounting software solutions include Fresh Books, QuickBooks Online, and Wave. There are also accounting solutions for freelancers cloud-based or associated with the operating systems they use. Some of these include Xero and QuickBooks Online. Thus, freelancers can choose from many accounting software options, depending on their needs and wants for an accounting system.
Do Freelancers Need Accounting Software?
Freelancers are known for their creative work and ingenuity. They might not always be paid for their services, but they often provide various other valuable services to those who need them. Unfortunately, many of these freelancers cannot often keep up with their finances. That’s where accounting software comes in handy.
What Is Accountant Software Good For Freelance Animators?
There are many different accountant software options, but the software that is best suited to a freelance animator is QuickBooks. You can use it to keep track of your time and materials, invoice clients for work performed, generate 1099-MISC tax forms when appropriate, and much more. It’s been designed with the freelancer in mind.
Is Quickbooks OK For Freelance Animators?
Yes. Quickbooks are excellent accounting software, and freelancers can use them to make sure they are paying the right amount of taxes and easily keep track of their finances while working remotely.